Author Topic: The Meditations that i have accomplished so far.  (Read 2179 times)

LifeAuras

• It.s what it is
    • Books, and self discovery.
The Meditations that i have accomplished so far.
« on: December 19, 2013, 06:05:51 AM »
1. Split the Atom or Rings of Power Meditation/Concentration

After concentration relaxation by listening and tracking my blood, after 30 minutes i got an eruption of energy in my mid section that can be best described as chain reaction or an erupting volcano in the form  of bubbles. The book that suggested the concentration technique ( listening to my blood) suggested that i spread the energy through all my body with the help of rings. After the eruption i started to distribute the energy evenly along my whole body for around 5 times. Then i completed the meditation by getting out of bed. It took me roughly about 5 tries to reach that state.

2.Electrical Discharges/ Billions of needles Meditation/Concentration

After relaxing my whole body starting from my feet i reached an equilibrium where my body felt empty and all i could feel are electrical discharges all over my body. When i tried to get out of it i felt paralyzed and could not move at all. The most logical thing for me then was to move my head. I slanted my head to the side and rolled out of the paralyzed state. Meaning my body followed after my head. I have done this over 5 times already.

3.Feather lite Meditation/ Lightning strike

For this meditation i tried something completely different. Started the meditation by relaxing my feet first as usual but instead of concentrating i completely relaxed my thoughts and emptied my head. I was a blank piece of paper. The meditation felt like if i was floating in complete whiteness my body did not exist. Since i am a big fan of Raiden after the meditation i took my left hand out of the blanked leaned my head to where my hand was and thought of a lightning Strike. That's when a lightning bolt shot from my index finger it lasted roughly about 4 seconds as long as i was moving my hand above  the blanket in a motion along my body.

4. Chaos Meditation/ Aura move/ Soulmove

For this one you don't need to be in bed it can be accomplished almost at any state. To best describe the movement one has to focus and un-focus  your eyes. The movement is right there, after that you just take it down your body in swiping or shield like movements. With soulmoving one can beat pain, enhance energies or subside them. I am still discovering new things about the possibilities that this concentration can offer.

5. The raging inferno Meditation/ Concentration.

This one is hard for me to endure but it is the most challenging meditation/concentration that i have encountered so far. After complete relaxation my whole body is engulfed by a raging inferno to best describe it where my whole body feels like i am being electrocuted. I can usually stay in this one for about 30 to 60 seconds then the discomfort is to great and i have to get up. Have reached that state more than 4 times and every time i try to make something out of it or stay longer in the state.

6. Every day Meditation/Concentration

This is very easy for me and i do it everytime when i try to relax. I just relax my body and try to monitor my body by relaxing different parts of my body or the whole body as a whole.

Hope that these explanations can give you a starting point to what you might expect to accomplish through meditation. I am on the lookout for different experiences in meditation/concentration so your input is welcome.   
It's what it is

Pacific Flow

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka Vipassana
Re: The Meditations that i have accomplished so far.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
Sounds mighty confusing to me :p

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »
Hi LifeAuras,

Welcome to the forum.

All of the meditations that you describe are very much intellectualised and fabricated experiences, excepting perhaps the last.

The meditation practice's members of this forum practice are all founded in the teachings of the Buddha and fall into three main areas:

Shamatha, the development of calm and concentrated mind.

Vipassana, the development of insight into the true nature of inner and outer reality.

Jhana, progressive states of deep relaxation and awareness, evolving through spheres of more and more refined basic perception of different aspects of reality.

The types of practices you have been undertaking are contrary to this path and, as you have experienced personally and described above, unsatisfactory in nature.

Have you ever explored basic awareness of breathing meditation and established a regular schedule of it without exploring the "spiritual supermarket"?

Kind regards,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

redalert

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
The types of practices you have been undertaking are contrary to this path and, as you have experienced personally and described above, unsatisfactory in nature.
Have you ever explored basic awareness of breathing meditation and established a regular schedule of it without exploring the "spiritual supermarket"?

Sadhu!

LifeAuras

• It.s what it is
    • Books, and self discovery.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:28 PM »
Hi Matthew,

First of all, a bit of background on me and my life with meditation. I have been meditating since I was 14 years of age… I am 36 years old now. I have read few books in my initial years in my meditation practice; those books described different kind of relaxation techniques and what one might expect while in a meditative state.   

Matthew:
“All of the meditations that you describe are very much intellectualised and fabricated experiences, excepting perhaps the last.”

It looks to me like you either are concentrating only on the relaxing part the “Meditative” part of so called Meditation without even knowing the “Concentrative” part of the path for you to throw a statement like this.  Or have never gone beyond the basic procedures/ stages of deep meditation and concentration. To meditation/concentration there is also the energy aspect attached to it, and that’s what most meditation explorers and masters are after. It would do you good to read a book about meditation that explores result rather than just the path to getting to those conclusions/results. I am not trying to be offensive or insulting, I have deep respect for the relaxing meditations and the result that one gets from practicing those. I count 4 meditations outcomes in my list that I have heard or read about and have accomplished through reference rather than just stumbling on to them on my own.

Matthew:
“Shamatha, the development of calm and concentrated mind.

Martin:
This is achievable within 10 minutes of meditation

Matthew:
Vipassana, the development of insight into the true nature of inner and outer reality.

Martin:
This is developed through life long observation and understanding of the world you live in.

Matthew:
Jhana, progressive states of deep relaxation and awareness, evolving through spheres of more and more refined basic perception of different aspects of reality.

Martin:
This just sais in a fancy way that there are different levels and hierarchy to each personality that meditates and that you are bound to see and feel  progression when you do.

Matthew:

Martin:

Like I said Meditation/concentration on more advanced levels involves energy manipulation and at first glance at encountering those results might seem different to  someone who is only looking to relax in his/her meditation path. To me the results and every theoretical aspect that followed those energy manipulations is quite satisfactory on daily before each my concentration/meditation/relaxation sessions.

Matthew:

Martin:
This is exactly the reason why I posted the result of my accomplishments through meditation so that I show  people that there is more to meditation than just breathing through your nose and midsection when meditating. So that people have at least some warning what they might encounter when they go into deep meditation/concentration.

Hope there is no hard feelings between us. But obviously we follow different paths and have encountered or not encountered everything yet.  Wish you luck on future endeavours along your path.

Martin.   
It's what it is

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:40:53 PM »
Martin,

Any master who is "after" something isn't a master.  The path is not about accumulating exciting energy experiences, it is about clearing habits that make up the false sense of self (ego) and letting them go.

Having lived in Buddhist retreat centres for three years and practiced for a further ten my knowledge is more experiential than book knowledge. You make many assumptions.

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Mpgkona

• Some of this, some of that.
    • Here
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 05:09:13 AM »
Martin,

Your above list of "meditations" are certainly interesting. Achieving those states must have taken much practice. However, I'm confused as to what your goal of these different meditations are. From just reading your post it seems as if you meditate because you enjoy these states, and not because of a desire to awaken yourself to reality. Correct me if I'm wrong though. To me it seems like you're playing games with meditation and are interested in achieving different states of euphoria via meditation. Your post seems to only discuss the pleasant physical manifestations of your meditation experiences. Again, correct me if I'm wrong (forum posts tend to get lost in translation).

I have three simple questions for you: 1. Why do YOU meditate? 2. What makes one a "master" meditator? 3. Do you enjoy the sensations these different meditations give you?

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:15:16 AM by Mpgkona »
When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change.

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
dear Martin,

I think you are not getting the point, we are not saying these states are not possible in meditation. We are saying , This is a forum where no one will be interested in it even if it comes up in their meditation.

We strive to remove defilement of our mind and don't worry about anything else. Discussing states that do not remove or reduce the negatives in our mind is just a waste of time for us and are not interested.

We both have different aim in meditation.

No hard feelings..  :)

Be Still

• Just another seeker on the path.
    • None
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 07:14:39 PM »
Try not to hurt yourself. I have no idea how you managed to paralyze yourself or why you intentionally keep doing it over and over again. :D But you are not here to be warned: You are on the look out for experiences you say? For concentration, try watching the breath. I have noticed with less than ten minutes of uninterrupted awareness a change occurs. Calmness comes, my mind drops its excessive thought processes and there is silence, joy arises and I am happy for no reason, and the burdens I have been carrying upon my shoulders seem to disappear and I feel light.

I cannot say something like this will give you explosions of energy every meditation session as you have been describing. It certainly won't paralyze you. :)
Watch your thoughts as if they were clouds and one by one they will fade away and a clear sky will be revealed.