Author Topic: Hello world! All suggestions and feedback welcomed  (Read 2096 times)

Sangha-Retreat

Hello world! All suggestions and feedback welcomed
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:52:24 AM »
Hello everybody,

I am in the process of moving to France and setting up a very small and informal retreat in Limousin. It is an old farm house / cottage type property with quite a bit of land. The place is very rural and beautiful.

I am new to this and am just wondering if anybody has any suggestions that would help making the process easier. The set up is going to be very basic. Flights (Ryanair) to the nearest airport (Limoges) are very cheap. What do people look for when they go to a rural retreat? Are facilities important? I do have the website already up and running http://www.SanghaRetreat.co.uk, any feedback and suggestions are very welcomed!

Mod note: Link to social networking site removed

Looking forward to meeting new people on this forum!

Metta

Steve
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:41:37 AM by Vivek »

Renze

• Ungrounded
    • No hope
Re: Hello world! All suggestions and feedback welcomed
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:31 AM »
Hi Steve,

I like this idea a lot! Personally, I'm looking for a retreat centre in Europe that organizes formal shamatha retreats. There aren't many places in the world where this is possible. Check out Jhana Grove in Western Australia: http://www.jhanagrove.org.au/ This is exactly what I'm looking for, but too far away.

As for what I would expect: I'd like to spend most of the time in solitude and silence, with maybe a few moments a day cleaning up together. I have no experience doing retreats, so I don't know how it really works.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: Hello world! All suggestions and feedback welcomed
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
Hi Steve,

As you have posted exactly the same post on other forums word for word and not been back here since the day you posted this I am going to treat this post as spam and remove it if I have not heard from you within the next few days.

I wish you the best with your new venture but this forum is not for advertising.

Thanks,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~