Author Topic: Meditation effects  (Read 2114 times)

crr11005

Meditation effects
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:50:50 PM »
Hello,

I have been having a pretty strong heat on the top of my head and I wanted to see if this was involved with the kundalini awakening. 

Thanks

redalert

Re: Meditation effects
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
Hi crr11005, welcome to the forum,

Kundalini energy is always present, it does not awaken, you just start to become aware of this energy with practice. Heat is just a sensation, give no importance to it, you may make a mental note of it, then return to the object of your meditation. Many strange and wonderful sensations present themselves to us as we practice, let them come and go with the understanding that this sensation is not permanent, it stays for some time and eventually passes away.

crr11005

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 01:10:09 AM »
thank you for the response!

I had a previous experience with heat.  I felt a strong burning, without pain, on my solar plexus and now that I felt it on my head I wasn't sure what that meant, considering it's more of a cooling heat, it was a some sort of gentle cleansing versus the intense cleansing before, if that's what it was.  Also ever since I felt the heat I have been feeling the after effects of my meditation not only last all day, but intensify consistently. 

Also as a side note I am not sure whether I feel a breeze above my head but I have a constant energy I can feel over my head.  If I were to describe it I would say it would look like the northern lights and I can feel a gentle movement as if a wave is crashing over my head -- kind of a corny description but that was the best way I could describe the experience. 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:16:04 AM by crr11005 »

redalert

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »
thank you for the response!

Also as a side note I am not sure whether I feel a breeze above my head but I have a constant energy I can feel over my head.  If I were to describe it I would say it would look like the northern lights and I can feel a gentle movement as if a wave is crashing over my head -- kind of a corny description but that was the best way I could describe the experience. 

Sounds like you are sensing the difference between the body temperature and the atmospheric temperature.

James the Giant

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »
Hello,

I have been having a pretty strong heat on the top of my head and I wanted to see if this was involved with the kundalini awakening. 

Thanks

All these sensations and weirdness are side-effects, and are not important to focus on.
Treat them as you would any other sensation or noise or thought.  They'll come and go.

brdlo

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »
Hello,

Thanks

All these sensations and weirdness are side-effects, and are not important to focus on.
Treat them as you would any other sensation or noise or thought.  They'll come and go.

+1
When i started to meditate all kind of feeling were present. I remember one time I had a similar experience and felt some strange sensations in my legs lake they are full of ants(it is not happend while I were meditating, but after it) p.I was so scared I had to go to the ambulance:)) 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 09:06:00 PM by brdlo »