Author Topic: Osho's Mystic Rose, Dynamic & Kundalini Meditation  (Read 2897 times)

MountainKing

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka/Experimental
Osho's Mystic Rose, Dynamic & Kundalini Meditation
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
Does anybody here have any experience with these? It seems Mystic Rose incorporate Laughing, Crying and Vipassana.

Your experiences, thoughts and views would be welcome!

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
Re: Osho's Mystic Rose, Dynamic & Kundalini Meditation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »
Mountain King,

I suppose that on this forum you will find very little experience with Osho-things. Our former member Rideforever had. He was quite a fighter - among other things.
Personally, it gives me goose bumps to see that you consider doing this. Goose bumps in a good way. It seems you are willing to put up a fight to get the energy back where it belongs - in you, in stead of in some demon of yours.
The hero, when swallowed by the whale, keeps on fighting: he makes fire, or he keeps beating his drum, or he cuts a part of the heart of the beast and eats it.
Crying till you feel how much life there is in despair or sadness or    . . .   just in crying. And feel your heart beating. Beautiful.

It reminds me of the saying of Joan Halifax: "Strong back, soft front". But that is the speak of sitting meditation - zen, in her case.

Am I being romantic?   . . .    Maybe.

Well - I wish you well.

MountainKing

• Write something about yourself here
    • Goenka/Experimental
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
To be honest, I have very little idea about how big a deal Osho's techniques are. His approach makes more sense that pure vipassana for the modern man. As he says, Vipassana was appropriate for Buddha as he lived an unrepressed life of opulence. This does not apply to the modern man and the dam walls of the mind must be broken by laughing and crying.

Can you tell me more about Rideforever? Why do you refer to him/her in the past tense? Did he take sannyas, or is he not among us anymore?

Vivek

• Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:00:54 PM »
MK, Rideforever does not visit the forum anymore. I am not sure if any of the members here still keep in touch with him.
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
Thank you for helping out, Vivek.
Mountain King, I was at a loss about how to react. It is as Vivek says. I did not keep in touch with Rideforever, and I lost track of him.

chintan

• Maun
    • Vipassana - Goenka
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 02:21:19 PM »
Hi ..

I have had some experience with Osho methods. And here are my personal observations
- was exposed to him properly after I got married at the age of 30 as my wife and her family were somewhat of followers. not hard core but sort of liked to talk of him
- got into listening to his CDs - enjoyed those a lot specially some commentaries on Indian scriptures like Gita primarily cause those were my first exposures to those tomes and he is an excellent speaker specially in hindi
- but within couple of years got bored of his style - did not like the lack of logic in his talks (I am extremely left brain)
- been to Osho commune Pune and spent 3 days there. enjoyed the mystic rose / dynamic and other techniques but it was more like a buffet spread where we tried out various techniques - unfortunately nothing stuck with me..
- wife still goes to Osho commune about once a year but its more like an annual pilgrimage to her

Over the years have learnt to take what I like from his teachings but it does not help me in my practice that much..

Try it out for a month and see if you are able to stick with it and gain from it.. maybe you can share your experiences.

Chintan