Author Topic: How to access the creative mind instantly for socializing  (Read 2563 times)

lokariototal

• Write something about yourself here
    • Vipassana
How to access the creative mind instantly for socializing
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
Hello guys,

I was just wondering...

What is the easiest way to access the creative mind? When I talk about the creative mind I talk about that part, that little voice of us that has always witty to say, that is creative, etc. I want to be able to socialize more easily, more effortlessly, and I want to access my creative mind so that I can do that easier.

So, how can we be more in tune with our inner voice? Sometimes I find myself just blank.

Can meditation help?

thanks!

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
Re: How to access the creative mind instantly for socializing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
Hello lokariototal,

Maybe this will not help you, but I will give a reaction:
Your question reminds me of the time I gave Natural Dance weekend courses.
To get participants into a more playful mood, I would have theme creep around on all fours. I would do the same myself, and make sounds of a friendly dog now and then. Maybe pushing some other "dogs" playfully. Just for a short while. A few minutes. And then sit and have them make noises - all at the same time. Just enjoying there own sounds, and later also listen to the sounds of others. Alternate between making sounds and listening.

What I do sometimes to be more playful is sit on the floor and wiggle my feet. (I do not have a tail to wiggle.) It makes me more secure and more vulnerable at the same time.

That is very different from earnestly sitting on a cushion. Yes. I am sure the Buddha does not mind. And if he minds, that is his matter. I still do it. It hurts nobody. It is quite innocent.

Enjoy your time here.

redalert

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
        hey loka,

You already are a wonderful creative, intelligent, witty social being. Your defilements are veils of ignorance that are covering these natural qualities. Meditation will remove these defilements and your mind will not be as cloudy, naturally your radiance will shine through.
        Do not look at meditation as a way to add something to your self, this will take you in the opposite direction. Begin a meditation practice as a way to eradicate all your ignorance. 

metta

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
here is the solution:
to get a creative mind ur mind should be free of craving of creative mind.
 :D

Falkov

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:15:36 AM »
Wondering though, if you have something witty to say- what then?  Is that gonna make you more attractive, more outgoing, more......?     

Also, what happens if one day you are quite witty, and the next you are completely blank?   How will that make you feel?  How will it effect you?   

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:52 AM »
Wondering though, if you have something witty to say- what then?  Is that gonna make you more attractive, more outgoing, more......?       

Yes indeed, Falkov. In daily life it works like that. It helps to be witty, it helps to share interests or a hobby with people, it helps to smell good, it helps to have a few opening sentences ready (to talk to strangers on a party). Even if on the cushion we train not to identify with those things. After all, we do not want to be identified with the Very Serious Meditator either. Not all of the time.  ;)

mdr

• Write something about yourself here
    • Ji Goenka
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »
I want to be able to socialize more easily, more effortlessly, and I want to access my creative mind so that I can do that easier.
For social skills, i think, Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is unsurpassed - as timely as it is... it's timeless (and it's not manipulative, albeit the unlucky title ;))

So, how can we be more in tune with our inner voice? Sometimes I find myself just blank.

Can meditation help?

I think it depends why exactly you need to socialize, is it for your work - or it's something else... If you need it  in a way public personalities do - it's trainable, but for the genuine thing... i think it takes being enlightened and there meditation certainly helps  ;)