Author Topic: Goenka's ten (11) day discourses on video.  (Read 21203 times)

alex

Re: Goenka's ten (11) day discourses on video.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 12:37:46 PM »
I understand, thanks for explaining. Though my conclusion would not be that "property is theft", but more sth. like "human history is full of theft". The trousers that I'm wearing are my property, but no theft. Or am I getting you all wrong?

I may assume now that you do not believe in karma and rebirth the Burma way ;).

alex

Reincarnation And Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »
To share with you my latest knowledge about eastern religions: reincarnation is actually a Hindu term and involves the transfer of an identity (or personality, or soul) from one life to the next, which Buddhists deny. Consequently, Buddhists better speak of rebirth, which emphasizes more on cause and effect and denies a fixed identity.

greetings,
Alex!

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »
I WANT YOUR TROUSERS MR TROUSER THIEF LOOOOOOL ;D

Yes Buddhists speak of rebirth and not re-incarnation as re-incarnation needs a soul to be "incarnated" and Buddhism denies the reality of the soul - a fundamental doctrine called Anatman.

However .... this has given rise to great confusion because if there is no soul one is forced to ask what exactly passes from one life to another in re-birth? ... I have yet to hear an explanation that makes good sense so I remain agnostic on rebirth.

M
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:52:35 PM by The Irreverent Buddhist »
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

behappy123

• Who are you?
    • vipassana
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 07:17:07 AM »
I know this a very old post but I thought it better to post here than to start a new thread since the topic is S.N. Goenka Audio and Video Library.  If there is a better place, feel free to move it :)

All Discourses (11 Days English):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz7QHNvNFfA&list=PLPJVlVRVmhc4Z01fD57jbzycm9I6W054x&index=1

Meditation Tracks by Goenka and also done during the 10-day Course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRPr5doKF9Q&list=PLYfiBJYom5mV8r0FWFpS43_SjGVguhsvy

- Be Happy :)

playground

• do good.
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 02:53:39 PM »
Brilliant!  And thanks.

Great work BeHappy :)

Apkallu

• Goenka's beginner after years in other styles
    • AYP first, then MCTB a bit
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2019, 03:43:02 PM »
These videos are available on YouTube but I finally bought the podcasts on Amazon for 13,99€ and can then listen to them at will with the Amazon app on my phone  8)