Author Topic: Upasaka Culadasa  (Read 3731 times)

Masauwu

• chipping away
Upasaka Culadasa
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:23:47 AM »
I`ve found his words immensely helpful in my practice lately and thought anyone here interested could benefit from reading them. There is something about the way he presents the meditation practice and its subtleties that for me as a beginner made many things click into place; i`ve read plenty of books on the subject without finding the same impact, it could be that many of those books are written by monastics while Culadasa's lay practitioner approach with a background in neuroscience put meditation in even plainer english than Bhante G.

His writings can be found on dharmatreasure.com, with a few very useful .pdf booklets here and also some audio files and answers to frequently asked questions. He is also active on the jhana_insight yahoo group; you can find a wealth of information from old messages there, although browsing the messages may seem awkward at first (compared to a forum).

Also there are a couple of youtube channels with a few clips: Culadasa channel and Stephanie Nash interviews.

Developing Introspective Awareness
The summer river:
although there is a bridge, my horse
goes through the water.

goodlife

Re: Upasaka Culadasa
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »
thanks masauwu :)

Renze

• Ungrounded
    • No hope
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »
Thanks for sharing. The guide you posted about in another thread is really helpful to me!

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »
I`ve attached an older and unfinished draft of the meditation manual pdf (covers the first 6 stages) that can be found on the jhana_insight yahoo group; just to make it accessible without having to become a yahoo member. I`ve found it very useful because it goes into a lot more detail for every stage and some of those details can be helpful in practice.

Also a few insightful dhamma talks can be found here.
The summer river:
although there is a bridge, my horse
goes through the water.