Author Topic: Feeling of falling and no physical control  (Read 1988 times)

Falkov

Feeling of falling and no physical control
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:53:51 AM »
I have been meditating for quite some time, however there was certain feeling which I didn't quite understand or knew enough to deal w/ it alone, for a long time.    Whenever I felt physically ( or was it mentally)  very relaxed from, say, having heavy lunch and then take a nap or taking another (morning) nap-  always happens whenever I lived down on my back;  I would feel falling deeper and deeper inside me.  At the same time I felt I had no control of my body, trying to move hands or turn my body and seemed like it wouldn't respond.  At the same time,  I was completely aware of what was going on (falling and going deeper- but where?), and the surrounding area where I was lying down.   I had to really force myself as hard as I could to turn or wake up. 

I also notice that when my mind is strong, I don't have such an experience and couldn't seem to duplicate the experience.   There is no physical problem which I am aware of.   

Any insight will be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
Re: Feeling of falling and no physical control
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:50:52 AM »
Hi Falkov,

Try researching 'sleep paralysis'. It also reminds me of when I was into astral travel. I've had this many times, more so when I was younger and either stressed or deliberately trying to 'astral travel'.

hope that helps.

Andrew
getting it done

Falkov

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:34 AM »
Already did- but not much help really!   For examples, (I just copied this from Wikipedia)it was mentioned that  the causes for this experience- Sleep paralysis are:

- Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position-  Yes and always during the day nap/sleep and not during night
-Increased stress      No, I don't have to have extra stress to experience it
-Sudden environmental or lifestyle changes    Not this either!
-A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode      No, it can happen as soon as I fall asleep
-Excessive consumption of alcohol coupled with lack of adequate sleep      No, I don't drink or smoke!  And I do sleep well although my goal is to be aware during my sleep just as I am awake.

Interestingly enough, it was also mentioned from the Wikipedia, "Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body."     Except I am so used to regaining focus through breathing- while living daily life:  driving, walking, working, seeing, hearing, eating, etc.    And, I am not real sure how to remain grounded in the state while falling deeper and deeper.

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:51:58 AM »
I do sleep well although my goal is to be aware during my sleep just as I am awake

Bingo.

That is basically how one prepares to astral travel. Firm intention to remain aware.

If you stop trying to remain aware, have full intention to sleep deeply and soundly, in time you will reprogram yourself. That's my off the cuff idea anyway. I stopped having 'exit symptoms' within weeks of giving up on astral travel.

good luck.

getting it done