Author Topic: [Journal] Wuji Qigong  (Read 4411 times)

Morning Dew

[Journal] Wuji Qigong
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »
Hi lads.

Time for some moving meditation :)
Will update this thread every now and then.

For now just a poem;

Creation

Kneeling down
Before the sunrise
World of becoming
Behind the eyeballs
Into fragments gone

Naked feet touching
The soil wet from dew
Heavy clay calling
Reminding the body
Where it springs from

Dew drop like tunder
Into two bright sides
Breaking the mind
Into Moon and Sun
Creation of dawn

Dreams like a fog
Sliced with light rays
Dissipating into
An awakened eye
A bright day unfolding

Morning Dew

Re: [Journal] Wuji Qigong
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 06:13:15 AM »
30 mins Qigong this morning revealed lots of stiffness in the body. Oh my. There is also this beautifuly gathered energy inwithin moving around the body.
This body is indeed part of the Universe, part of the pulse.

Morning Dew

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
Morning Qigong seems to be bringing body energy into some balance. Exhausted feeling in the head in form of a numbing subtle pain.

I was contemplating my current state of mind and got to conclusion that Samatha-Vipassana brought lots of unresolved stuff up.
It is time to set vipassana aside and do some self-healing. It is strange how one can't escape from anything but rather face it all until actual peace comes about. I have found Buddhas Path through Reiki (Hatsurei-ho). Now a certain stage of wisdom is reached and is stuck until certain blockagrs are resolved and freed. Im being led this time from vipassana back to (or forward) Reiki and Qigong.
I left Reiki with bitter feeling. I could not understand why people needed so many attunements to so many diferent styles of reiki. Most of them desired stronger energy systems. Thanks to vipassana i now see the doings of the troubled mind, greedy and ignorant mind.

There is time to gain Insight and then there is time to attend to the body healing itself, in body being kind, loving and carring to itself. Without loving one self there can be no love for others.

I will practice Qigong in the mornings as already and will resume Self-Reiki hands-on body healing in the evening. Its perfect before sleeping.

It is time to make peace with Reiki and all those desiering stronger energy systems so to Become "healers" (just another goal orintated practice). I was very bitter with them as i was bitter with some in this community.

Its time to place the carrying palms on this body and actualy love it, touch it, feel it, be with it. Our body feels joy when touched with care :)

(thank you friend for bringing up the question about Reiki :) thanks to it i contemplated it and it seems the journey goes on :) )

P.s. To the mods; i hope its fine to journal this journey in this particular any topic board.

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
It will benefit you to continue with Shamatha alongside Qigong. If things come up Shamatha gives the calm and equanimity to deal with them. If really heavy things come up then having someone to talk to as well will be of the greatest benefit.

It's fine to journal this here.

Be well,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Morning Dew

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
In my year and a half long shamatha experience i can say one thing about it. It is impossible for me not to end up in Shamatha-Vipassana practice. The Vipassana part happens whether i want it or not. I seem to be too open for the bubbling stuff to come up, too open yet not ready to process the overwhelming gunk.

Im sure its time to set it aside for a while and just approach the body without contemplating the mind formatiobs as it happens with Shamatha-Vipassana for me. Too much stuff and no clarity. Must ground well before taking a leap into Insight practices.

Qigong is calming + streching the body. I even feel warmer. Todays Qigong was calming. Many recent past conflict situation in the mind, arising and passing away.
You see it is impossible to practice Qigong or even Self-Reiki (hand positions) without the Awareness developed with Shamatha-Vipassana. Its there as it should be.
Yes it is like learning to ride a bike. Once you learn you never forget.

It is impossible putting down the Awareness/Mindfulness part. Developed Insight stays forever. Once you see it you cant pretend that you dont see it. Im putting aside the sitting practice, intensive noting practice. Im putting aside all the Buddhist stuff i collected along the way. Must clense alot.

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »

Dusko ....  :)

sometimes I think there are two different persons posting under the same name ...  ;)

I understand that you stop sitting for now ... I always supported having a break, for the very reasons you are taking a break right now. Sometimes it simply is getting too much.

I think your Quingong practice is a wise decision for now. As you said: once you started it you never loose it ever again.
anicca

Morning Dew

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »
sometimes I think there are two different persons posting under the same name ...

Yes i agree. We are all made out of a duality, a conflict; right vs wrong, wise vs foll, love vs hate, Che vs Dusko, TMO vs Stefan, TIB vs Matthew, Buddha vs Mara, self vs none-self, etc...

May you be well

Morning Dew

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »
Practicing Chigong every day. Mornings approx 20-25 minutes. Awareness of the whole body, all sounds, breathing, sensations, thoughts, emotions, it seems at times its not me moving the body. I can physicaly feel heart palpitations, very strange and irregular kind of. I feel ok though :) at least at the moment ;) The body feels very hot after during and after the session.

I made this video trying to squeez in less than 10 minutes (my youtube limit) what takes at least 20 mins per session so to show what this is. One usualy moves much slower than this and each form is repeted 3 times. One can also choose to repeat only one form throughout the session. Another important thing in Qigong is the contraction of XuiYin (?) the "door of life" aka the Perineum musscle on the exhale at the end of each figure. Its like dancing ballet :)

Wuji Qigong