Author Topic: Degradation of forum  (Read 4443 times)

Degradation of forum
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
hi everyone,
even though i dont post much i almost always visit forum n read. it always gave me strength to know that there r people similar to me out there trying as hard as they can to be happy. 8)
lately i feel the forum has gone down in standards a lot. less dhamma and more selfish chats. every now and then i feel irritated from some of the comments, they absolutely make no sense what so ever.
the forum has lost its zeal, josh. i think the word vipassana hasnt been seen in any resent topics what so ever. no practice related questions nothing. everyone talking about high level fundas which i can surely make out they have no wisdom about.
BUDDHA always talked from his own experience. so i think we should as well. the so called no self is a difficult thing to realize and should not be used lightly to all the reply.

i just felt i really had to post , ignore this  :D

ps : Matthew , your posts are filled with wisdom . love it.  :-X

Masauwu

• chipping away
Re: Degradation of forum
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »
Might have something to do with just being the same handful of active people always posting, I`m confident we`ll have new energy focused towards more practice related stuff once the forum registration reopens.

You can support this practice oriented trend by keeping a practice journal in the meditation forum, it doesn`t have to be updated too often, only when you feel like it. Could be of benefit for the people reading and for you too.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:01:02 PM by Masauwu »
The summer river:
although there is a bridge, my horse
goes through the water.

Morning Dew

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »
lately i feel the forum has gone down in standards a lot. less dhamma and more selfish chats. every now and then i feel irritated from some of the comments, they absolutely make no sense what so ever.

I apologise to all members and visitors for contributing to this degradation.

May we all find the way out of suffering

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »

everyone talking about high level fundas ... the so called no self is a difficult thing to realize and should not be used lightly ...

:) :) :)
anicca

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
Mindfulness, mindfulness, mindfulness. When sitting .. when walking .. when posting.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

ps : Matthew , your posts are filled with wisdom . love it.  :-X

uh-oh ... careful, Matthew, he's trying to pump up your ego!!!

;)
anicca

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
Mindfulness, mindfulness, mindfulness. When sitting .. when walking .. when posting.

hey can you please elaborate what is mindfulness when posting and how to. i have difficulties in this area

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 07:56:10 PM »
Just look around the forum at some recent posts and you will see the opposite.

Mindfulness when posting means to enter slightly into the meditative state such that, in your posting:

- you say what you mean and not more,
- mean what you say and do not say things you do not mean,
- are basing it on experience rather than speculation,
- are aware of your own emotional state and how it may influence your writing, and,
- realise words can hurt: so being empathetic to those who will read and holding compassion for them, even if you are temporarily feeling aversion to/from specific person(s).

Additionally the preview button is a great aid. Re-read what you have written and contemplate how it will be read by the other/someone else.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:43 AM »

even though i dont post much i almost always visit forum n read. it always gave me strength to know that there r people similar to me out there trying as hard as they can to be happy. 8)

So this strength you gain, where at any time you planning to give some back?

Standing on the sidelines is no way to play the game. You are more than welcome to join in; we have a jersey with the number '8' on it ready for you and we promise to pass the ball so you can kick some goals.

Welcome back.

love

Andrew
getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
Matthew`s advice is spot on. But even when the occasional drama takes place we shouldn`t let that get to us, and even when that happens it`s not a bad thing, we get one more thing to observe in us from that reaction. Not all forums are going to be all neat and tidy like a farmacy, we are more like an alchemy lab: an explosion here and there, someone`s hair catching fire, but the overall direction is good. :)
The summer river:
although there is a bridge, my horse
goes through the water.

Morning Dew

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 08:11:34 AM »
we are more like an alchemy lab: an explosion here and there, someone`s hair catching fire, but the overall direction is good.

:) nicely put :)