Author Topic: Directing Pointing -the green pastures edition- investigating 'Masauwu'  (Read 6379 times)

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.

This could be really short actually! The key for us is to resist relying on knowledge and rely on present moment experience alone..

I will be making rules up as we go along too..randomly as I see fit to to simulate impermanence!  (or would that be inconsistancy?):D

Ready?

How about we investigate; Is Masuawu truly lazy?

getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
Re: Directing Pointing -the green pastures edition- investigating 'Masauwu'
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:01:15 AM »
I can`t say i truly know anything. :)

Can we state the purpose of this thread? What is our goal here?
The summer river:
although there is a bridge, my horse
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »
I thought this could be really short!  :D

The purpose is to see if, using nothing other than your present experience, you can prove or disprove a statement through investigating your experience 'right now'.

So using this moment alone look to see if you can find 'Masauwu' or 'lazy' Do either of these exist?
getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:21:57 AM »
They exist as concepts.
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:06 AM »
More information needed if you want a blue avatar from me!

when you look , right now, describe how you came to conclude they exist as anything at all?
getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »
I looked inside my mind and there they were. Still are. :)
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
Does all the content of your mind exist?
getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »
It`s not permanent or solid, but it exists. Similar to computer software.

The purpose is to see if, using nothing other than your present experience, you can prove or disprove a statement through investigating your experience 'right now'.
I feel i have to say that i find this purpose very boring, we should choose another goal. :D
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
by the way, I'm curious to see if you get benefit out of this, if the process works without the hype and pressure of the Toothless Ruth  :D

Does it look like software when you look in your mind? All ones and zeros? Describe the existence of this lovely green unicorn I'm putting in your mind now, is it like looking at matrix code?  :D

And is it the same lovely green unicorn that i'm imagining?

Do you exist as 'recorded' in your mind or my mind? As i have a picture of you as well, which one is the real one?

getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
No benefit yet, i`ll let you know. :D Tbh it seems just a sort of game of logic.

By software i only meant to say it`s dynamic and not solid. The question didn`t trigger a mental image, although i did have that matrix code thingy as a computer wallpaper long time ago after seing the movie. :)

I`m not sure what you are on about the green unicorns... you wanted me to picture one or? And why? :D

Existence is relative, the idea of me is relative, we could talk volumes about it and get nowhere. Both pictures can be said to be either real or not real depending on different factors; none of them is me, they are just pictures.
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »
Hmm, yes, outside of the environment of competition it does fall down, and I'm not sure it works when someone is 'called out' like this either. I've seen many threads over there which are hundreds of posts long with people wanting to 'call out' someone who doesn't 'get it'.

So it would seem that the environment, and not knowing the other person as factors. i was finding straight away the emotions of being 'me' and the 'words /thoughts' where buzzing around as i tried to pin something as the 'self' or 'me'. I think given the controls of an environment, and if you had initiated it, I would be really going for the jugular, but between friends it feels like 'yeah, ok then, so yeah, great, we are trying what out again?

Besides the fact you probably already 'get it'. In which case, i need a new subject..."Igor! Get me a new subject, and get those lightning rods ready mwahhahaha hahahaha"

;)  :D
getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »
Wow, going for the jugular... are they trying to scare/shock people into truth(iness)? :)

These are mind games, there might be people out there with no dhamma/knowledge background whose lives could spiral out of control if one of those "liberators" play around in their minds; there have been cases where dubious cults operating as (false) yoga movements have done things like that and some members` families still struggle to pick up the pieces. This is no method of finding the truth, it is more like direct pointing a virtual knife to someone to lead them in the direction they want.

I should have added this in the topic describing the method:
MAMBO JAMBO
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Morning Dew

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »
These are mind games, there might be people out there with no dhamma/knowledge background whose lives could spiral out of control if one of those "liberators" play around in their minds

Heae hear :) totaly agreed. They do not build on the calm-abiding base. Things can spiral out big time for some.

But you aint one of those ;)

Good initiative Andrew, keep it up my friend. This forum community needs a bit of ars shaking. I would support you but this current mind state can only handle so much.

Im out of here. You didnt see me ;)

Ciao

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 02:01:25 AM »
Well, for me, I'm experiencing alot of freedom. My sense of humour has returned, I don't get angry with the kids, my wife is giggling again, and there is some tolerance for this boring job.

Judging fruit by their trees is a bad selection process. If people go crazy from this site, that is unfortunate, but the obvious alternative is they stop going crazy as they confront the reality of the mind game they are already playing!

I've seen mind games far more dangerous than this one. The biggest of which is that there is a 'you' that owns this experience! That is the mind game Direct Pointing is getting you to see through.

It is a good idea, even if the execution of it leaves something to be desired in finesse!

It's a better idea that spending endless hours wonder why 'I' can't get free.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:35:38 AM by Andrew »
getting it done

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 02:47:00 AM »
Wow, going for the jugular... are they trying to scare/shock people into truth(iness)? :)

Pretty much, sort of like sky diving for the soul. Though the environment is more a part of that than anything that was said to me, Nomad was very communicative and gentle. At the same time I've seen others go for the whole abusive method. When I say jugular, I mean pin down the conversation to direct it back to what it is about.

Here is the thing, if people like you and I take up the challenge, then whatever danger we may otherwise project on this site is less than what it is before. I was afraid of what might happen, but not to the point of backing out.

It is an extreme sport. Sky diving is next!

getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 05:03:11 AM »
Clearly you discovered something in this method that i can`t see. But i`m glad you got something out of it.
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 05:22:39 AM »
Like you said, it is mindfulness practice, so you already get that, for me it is an injection of inspiration into that very same practice, with the focus of going beyond 'I' thoughts.

Seeing the earth as the earth, the tree as the tree, the fear as the fear, etc removing the 'this is happening to me' from the practice we already do. It's not happening to me, it is just happening, the me is as imaginary as anything else in the mind. Infact a green unicorn is indeed easier to imagine...what would a Self look like?  :D

getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:13 AM »
Seeing the earth as the earth, the tree as the tree, the fear as the fear, etc removing the 'this is happening to me' from the practice we already do. It's not happening to me, it is just happening, the me is as imaginary as anything else in the mind.
Oh that... i was already doing that. Taking mindfulness practice from sitting and applying it to daily life when i go get groceries or whatever; sometimes with a bit of noting. It came as a natural progression after sitting practice.
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Well then you can have a blue avatar and an eagle!  :D

by the way, feel free to post that 'mambo jumbo' clip in all the threads, that is quite nice on the ol' optical nerves!
getting it done

Masauwu

• chipping away
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »
Tbh i find it highly disturbing, and it`s possibly the place where Elaine Benes learned to dance. ;D

Notice the subtle differences of a true optical nerve medicine:
Cumbia Colombiana- La Zenaida- Armando Hernandez

Is this the best meditation forum ever or what? :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:47:56 AM by Masauwu »
The summer river:
goes through the water.

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »
Holy Guacamole, Batman.
getting it done

Andrew

• Letting Go.
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »
Reading through the blog of Ciaran ( the guy who started the RT forum), he sounds genuine enough, if overly intellectual himself, which is ironic and somewhat comforting considering the picture the site projects. Really a very similar thing to Neale Donald Walsh in the 'this just happened to me one day' and the sense that he alone has invented true enlightenment and this is a revolution. His saving grace is he does continue to spill the beans on seemingly ever little thing he thinks.

My own initial 'enlightenment', (as indeed I'm just as enlightened as he is) was through a confrontational approach that basically smashed through a wall of thoughts. I think the site is valid and not a cult, well at least no more a cult than your local pentecostal church...just really passionate and confrontational. He'll sell his book make a million or two and become a motivational speaker after appearing on Oprah!

no one owns the truthingness, ruthless or not.

getting it done