Author Topic: A very interesting program about the way of life  (Read 6946 times)

thelastrich

A very interesting program about the way of life
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
I just watched this program, and it changed my way of seeing things in some aspects. It made me cry and become very emotional.
Before you continue reading, this program is in Spanish and I doubt you can find subs in another language.

First, there were 3 Spanish families that got an offer from the TV:
-You get a free trip and 50.000€ of price if you are accepted by the people where you are heading on.

Of course they said: YES!!
They didn't know where they were heading: 3 different tribes isolated from civilization.

2 families were heading to 2 different desserts in Nigeria, and another family were heading to the middle of the jungle:

The hard life for the families was a total shock.
In one of the tribes the women aren't allowed even to wash themselves, and the only food available is flour and water cooked, and milk. Eventually they kill a goat for the meat. They have to pick up the CRAPOLA of the cows, with their bare hands, to build a "house". etc.

In another tribe they have to live surrounded by snakes and scorpions, searching for ostrich eggs and hunting onix with poisoned arrows and following their footprints the next day.

In another tribe they eat worms and hunt monkeys with bow and arrow. This tribe is very spiritual and make a lot of sacrifices with animals, and rituals of dancing and being "possessed" by the spirits.

Here are another images of the life together:

This is shocking and very emotive.
But I found even more intense, when some people of the tribes come to visit back the families in Spain.
Their expression seeing the most common things they didn't ever saw.
glass-ceramic hob is something awesome, making fire without getting wood!! and under some strange non-color thing.
the heating, where the hell comes the heat from?? there is no fire!
I don't have words to define this second part and the feelings that have arise on me.
We have much more than we need, and we always complain about stupid things.

If you want to watch this program, It's in Spanish and Tribal language subtitled to spanish.
The families can't understand the language of the tribes, they only have a translator once every three days, for a tribal counsel, that is all.

This is the families visiting the tribes.
You can go to "los programas" (the programs) "primera temporada" (first season) and the again "los programas" (the programs) and go to "capitulos" (chapters). Once you have selected the chapter, on the right you have "los vídeos del XXX programa" (the videos of the XXX program) where XXX is the program you have chosen. You can just watch the moments of the program you want.
EDIT: To watch the videos in order, start from the last page in each chapter. For example in the first chapter you have 4 pages (under the videos), start in the last page, in the last video, and go in order to the begining. (I recommend to open each video in a new window to have the previous one with the correct list opened)
http://www.cuatro.com/perdidos-en-la-tribu/los-programas/primera-temporada/programa-1/

This is the tribe visiting the city.
Just choose "programa" (program/chapter) and "parte" (part) 1/2
http://www.cuatro.com/perdidos-en-la-ciudad/programas-completos/

Hope you enjoy as much as I did.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:24:52 PM by thelastrich »

Masauwu

• chipping away
Re: A very interesting program about the way of life
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »
Thanks for the tip, i`m very interested in this type of program. Looks similar to Bruce Parry`s Tribe series that i absolutely love.
The summer river:
although there is a bridge, my horse
goes through the water.

thelastrich

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:28:48 AM »
Good one, I'm starting to watch It in youtube, but It's a bit different.
Tribe series is in one different tribe each chapter. The one I said is in the same 3 tribes for all chapters, 21 days in total. And the guests are not prepared in body or in mind to be in that place.

But the most beatiful for me, is when they come to visit Spain.
They are shocked by cars "they move so fast!", with buildings "who have build that thing so big?", microwaves "please tell me how did you do that to the milk", the plane to come here "we all are going to die!!", when they are watching a 3D documentary of the sea in the cinema "who is talking??" putting on the glasses... "whaaaa!! we didn't got you to a dangerous place when you came to our country!".......
You should see their poker face when they see a magician, getting a bird pop-up from a bandana. They though that guy had powers from the spirits.
It's also bad things, when they see homeless people in the street, they can't understand how the rest of the people can let them be like that. When they get into a wax museum, they think the statues are dead people, and get very very scared.

There is no words to say what I felt to see that... I would love to live the same experience as these 3 families one day.

Morning Dew

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »
There is a same show in Sweden i watched last year. The swedish families were shocked with how little these people have yet how happy and content their lives are.

Yes, we have way too much and yet it makes us only more miserable.

Thanks for posting

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:11:23 AM »
when I came from good old Vienna-Austria-Europe to visit India for the first time, I was shocked out of my skin all the time. but only ever in "modern" india.
whenever we came to more tribal places (and people!) we felt at home and at ease.
then, back to "civilised" india again, shocks kept on hitting me like hammers. Shocks not only from "omg there's a corpse lying there, dead in the street ..." but simply shocks because everything was so ... different ... at least there was not so much that I didn't understand  at all ...

it would be healsome to this world if every civilized family was to stay with a tribe for a month or so.
but to bring these tribal people to modern europe ... that's very nearly rude ...

thanks for sharing!
Metta, Stefan

(nice movie on topic: "the gods must be crazy")
(great book on topic: "Nation"/ Terry Pratchett)
anicca

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:18:56 AM »
Mosquito Coast is another good movie dealing with this. Harrison Ford reminds me of my own late father, if he had his way we would have been living in the outback. Pity we (children) didn't listen.

A
getting it done

thelastrich

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »
it would be healsome to this world if every civilized family was to stay with a tribe for a month or so.
but to bring these tribal people to modern europe ... that's very nearly rude ...

Maybe you are right. But they seem to have enjoyed It.
Some of them said "I will be a important man on the tribe now, I have seen world".
I love the spiritual tribe that lives in the jungle. They didn't care about technology or anything, of course they were shocked, but at the end they said: "the best, the kind people of this country, the worse, the people sleeping in the street".

Stefan

• love is the key
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »

Maybe you are right. But they seem to have enjoyed It.
Some of them said "I will be a important man on the tribe now, I have seen world".

I wouldn't judge it. But I know that there have been tribes breaking down for contact like that ....

I love the spiritual tribe that lives in the jungle. They didn't care about technology or anything, of course they were shocked, but at the end they said: "the best, the kind people of this country, the worse, the people sleeping in the street".

:)
they won`t be harmed!
they see.

Metta to the tribes of this world!
anicca

DerDomi

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
i love learning about tribes and watching them interact.  This video here I just discovered, its incredible: It shows the first contact between westerners and the people of a Papua-Newguinean tribe who never have seen a white person ever. Those people are so precious, and what they are is at the core of everyone of us.

Tribe meets white man for the first time - Liveleak!

Imagine being them. They behave so much like the primates which we all are. This is at the core of everyone of us. We're made for living like this, and any attempt to live happily needs to respect our psychological heritage. We need to feel safe and connected in our group full of people we value. Contrast this to the disconnect of people silently riding a subway in an urban setting and not even looking anyone in the eyes. Contrast it with the traditional image of happiness as something that can be materially found. No wonder things are so screwed  up ;)

also, another video which i just love
Three Men vs. Fifteen Hungry Lions - Human Planet, Grasslands, Preview - BBC One

that stuff is what we're made for. Not for cubicles

D

Morning Dew

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
Contrast this to the disconnect of people silently riding a subway in an urban setting and not even looking anyone in the eyes. Contrast it with the traditional image of happiness as something that can be materially found. No wonder things are so screwed  up

Nicely put. So true.

Thanks for posting this Domi :)

Be well

Stefan

• love is the key
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »

Imagine being them. They behave so much like the primates which we all are. This is at the core of everyone of us. We're made for living like this, and any attempt to live happily needs to respect our psychological heritage. We need to feel safe and connected in our group full of people we value. Contrast this to the disconnect of people silently riding a subway in an urban setting and not even looking anyone in the eyes. Contrast it with the traditional image of happiness as something that can be materially found. No wonder things are so screwed  up ;)

that stuff is what we're made for. Not for cubicles

Auf die Bäume wir Affen!
Ja, da singt das Herz wenn man sowas sieht ... danke fürs posten.

:)
anicca

Namaste

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »
Oh MAN DerDomi that is incredible video