Author Topic: Smilies  (Read 2963 times)

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
Smilies
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:11:37 PM »
It is not the most important thing, but this forum could do with some new smilies. To me it seems that all the sad or angry smilies can be deleted as nobody ever seems to use them. But I'd appreciate more different smiling or happy smilies   ;)  :)  :D  ;D  8) ... or maybe an "add smilies" - button ...

Metta  :-*  to you, Stefan

(Anyone went dancing to good old Acid House?    ::) )
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:12:29 PM by stefan »
anicca

Green Tara

• Life is just a bowl of cherries
Re: Smilies
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »
that is weird I was thinking about that yesterday, I wanted an equanimous face but couldn't find one  :( oh,  Hey Stefan I just used the sad one.
"Samsaric beings! Cling not to worldly pleasures.  Enter the great city of liberation”

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:41:39 PM »
This is something I can probably get sorted easily enough. I will have a look for you at what is out there.

:D

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Jimmy Coconuts

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
I know it's not really on topic but this thread made me think of it.  Lately I have been trying to be a friendlier person and part of that involves smiling and saying hello people that I pass by on the streets.  It's proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated.  Most people are prone to avoiding eye contact.  It's strange.

Flipasso

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »
One day I was on the subway and I was looking at everyone's "gray" faces. Then I thought what if people, as they come out of their houses, started laughing and smiling all the way untill they get to their jobs? Wouldn't it be funnier?
Of course this is a little bit ridiculous, but I'm strongly in favor of more communication even with people you don't know.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 04:07:06 AM by Flipasso »

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »
OK .... you can now chose which smiley set you see ...the old one or the new one. I couldn't see an easy way to have both available as they use the same names for the files but you can set in your profile "forum look and layout" setting whether to use the default (new) smileys or the classic (old) smileys.

It doesn't change the ones you see above the post box but it does change what you see in posts.

Hope that helps.

In the Dhamma,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ohauerha tuat des guat - I missed that one!

Thanks for finding the time to take care of our little wishes!

Metta, Stefan
anicca