Author Topic: hello there...  (Read 9869 times)

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
Re: hello there...
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 04:51:06 PM »
Hi Andy,

Farewell - that means: have a good journey. It is so weird, this mixture of the internet and almost-friendship.
When we change jobs, we say farewell to colleagues, when we move houses we say farewell to the neighbours and the shopkeepers - if they are there. Maybe it is like that. I was glad to meet you on this forum. For me it was good to hear how you dealt with a Pentecostal movement, for instance.
As it sounds, you are doing wise to stay away from the forum. Get to sleep when it is time to sleep - it is afternoon for me now, not for you.
May your path be glad that you are walking it. Take care.

Love,
Quardamon

ivana

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 06:08:34 PM »
Hi Andy
I think we will be sad without you but do not worry we will manage it and we will not hate you. I wish you good luck.
Take care
Ivana

Morning Dew

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »
I'm just spending far too much time on here. It is really a two way thing at the moment, I seem to be learning things, but when I try and disengage from the thoughts and comments I'm not able.

Good man for actually being aware of this :) I remember when I decided to go away from the forum. That was the time I ran into the Dark Night stage and man it was good I just get the hell out of here because I had only my self to focus on, no forum, no posts, no replies and other mind garbage. Those few weeks out of this community meant a lot to me. As Matthew sais reflection and practicing in solitude (mind solitude is enough) will do you good my friend  :)

I just tried to sit for an hour as I have said i needed to start doing and i couldn't get this place out of my head. And thinking back it has been like that alot.
This happened to me alot when I started meditating in this community but even today it can happen a lot. Before I would be very upset because of it while today i just observe it until it goes away on its own  ;D   I cant be annoyed with my deluded mind anymore since it simply doesn't know what it is doing. It would be the same as being annoyed with a schizophrenic person  :)  I smile at my mind instead.

but I'm talking my ball and I'm going home

Oh cmon mate, at least leave the ball behind  :D  :)

One more thing before you go away; make sure you recognise if you fall into the Dark Night stage and the whole INNER world turns NEGATIVE and DARK. This is very likely to happen to all meditators. Make sure to explain this to your wife and make sure not to show this at work. In a case you feel you must say it all out you are more than welcome to come in here and say it to me instead  :)
Before you are able to actually differentiate from the deluded self the ego will resist the change. Off the cushion life is where you will see the signs of the Dark Night. I for example suddenly had lots of fights with my wife, hated my work, many old emotions and memories came out, i hated this forum, everything was so confusing like the very ground was disappearing under my very feet ... any way dont stress about this now, some people go through this stage very fast.
Remind yourself that all what comes to the mind are arisings and will pass if we dont cling to it :) only by clinging to the Dark Night stage one gets pulled into it for long periods. Treat it as you treat any other thought, breath, notice and let go of it again and again and again... and of course calming into the body :)

OK, I better let you rock n roll now (I am worse than my mum), you will be just fine my friend :)

All the best!

Your friend, Che Guedusko
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:42:29 PM by Che Guebuddha »

Vivek

• Staff
    • Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 04:40:12 AM »
Andy, take care, mate. It's been great having you here. Hope you'll come back when you feel it to be prudent. All the best.
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?

ramelec

• NEWBIE Mindfullness of Breath
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 06:58:46 AM »
Hello Andy,

Even though I don't know you well enough, you take good care and it is great you contributed a lot to this forum.  I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you.

Best Regards
Jeffrey

Stefan

• The Marvellous Omannobazong!!!
  • love is the key
    • Vipassana (Goenka), Freestyle, Family, God
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »

What i really want is to replicate an experience I describe as 'my 8 seconds' that occurred many years ago.

I had my 8 seconds and was bashed ...
of course I wanted to reproduce them ... wouldn't happen (of course!) ...
so I forced it, some ascetic weeks should do the trick ...
after five weeks it really happened BUT ... you don't get what you WANT ...
I was speeding beyond my eight seconds in a blink of an eye ... faaar to faaar  . aaaaaargh!!!
I managed to get back somehow, it took me hours ...

right now, I just do it and don't care too much about replicating anything.
That feels good, even if nothing spacy is happening for a long period.

Metta to you!

Stefan
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:47:51 AM by stefan »
anicca

Stefan

• love is the key
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 07:46:57 AM »

so ...

Sounds like some time practicing and reflecting on that practice will be very beneficial.
Just don't replace the forum with another addiction.

...YES!

anicca

dragoneye

• on the wings of compassion and wisdom
    • Observant
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 03:35:01 AM »
I really appreciated your input here Andy. I feel more confident in humanity knowing people like yourself are on the path and are holding such love in their hearts.
Bless you and good travels, with love,
DE
Dragoneye

Namaste

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 04:15:44 AM »
It was nice osmosis'n ideas with ya Andy, maybe our paths will cross again - 'till then, keep it real.   :)

kidnovice

• Theravada: with nuts and bolts from Goenka-ji, and fine tuning from Thanissaro Bhikkhu
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 04:41:36 AM »
I'm certainly going to miss hearing from you, Andy. I've really valued your honesty, wisdom, and heart. You know that you are always welcome here.   :)

Much metta,
KN
May we cultivate the serenity to accept the things we cannot change; the compassion to change the things we can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Stefan

• love is the key
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 06:46:43 AM »
Not familiar with every detail.
Moving on is good. Running away isn't always good.
Telling the difference is hard when in distress.

I like your posts, too.
Metta on your path,

Stefan
anicca

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
Andy,

Love is something you may not have gotten enough of or in the right way as a child. So accept it now, from all life has to offer.

Be well,

Matthew

Damn, how many pennys do you want from me?  ;)

Edit; Quardamon you can tell me this; every time I write' from', it spell it 'form', does that mean something?  :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:34:09 AM by Andrew »
getting it done

Quardamon

• Teachers were: P.K.K. Mettavihari, Frits Koster, Nel Kliphuis. (In the line of Mahasi Sayadaw)
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
Formally there was this former me, but now I do not know where came this "me" from.

Does that help?   :angel:

Some wants penny, some wants pain. Some do not know, but do refrain from someone's pain.

Do not ask me what this means - I am just an artist.     :(     ::)
Does this remark on pennies imply that you are struggling with the theme of cynicism?

Andrew

• friends tell me things, sometimes I listen.
    • Letting Go.
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »
haha thanks mate, no one could have said it better!

no I wasn't cynical, I was in full 'no self' flight and had a beer, which put me at another level of mind. At that level the  memories of the childhood 'self' making were there waiting with questions of pain. I saw that the reason for pain was beyond the understanding of anyone in the circle I could draw around the poor monkeys involved. 2 strata down. 14 to go.
getting it done

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 03:09:12 PM »
Andy,

Love is something you may not have gotten enough of or in the right way as a child. So accept it now, from all life has to offer.

Be well,

Matthew

Damn, how many pennys do you want from me?  ;)

"i" want nothing from "you":
"You" give so much,
"You" repay everything,
"i" have given "you":
A thousand times each day.
So, there is no-thing to pay:
There are no words to say,
The touch of life you bring,
That heart that has to sing:
Of freedom deep within,
Within, within, within.
Keep journeying,
Within.

Be free. Like "my" advice.

Louis Armstrong - what a wonderful world
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:13:41 PM by Matthew »
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~