Author Topic: Mini course in Buddhist meditation techniques  (Read 3528 times)

peter123

Mini course in Buddhist meditation techniques
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
Hi

I'm new to the forum, but thought you might like my friend's free mini course on Buddhist meditation techniques.

ADMIN EDIT: If the first post you make is spam, linking to a site selling Buddha Dhamma you won't last long here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:34:51 PM by The Irreverent Buddhist »

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
Re: Mini course in Buddhist meditation techniques
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »
peter,

Thanks for the spam but no thanks. Buddha Dhamma is free and we see spam like yours frequently.

I have removed the spam from your profile and posts. If you actually want to join the discussion here you are welcome but this is not a "linkfarm" for your "friend's" profit making venture.

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

peter123

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 07:28:31 AM »
Sorry for that, just did my friend a favor.

And the course is free, so I didn't think it was a problem.

Matthew

• Staff
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »
You did yourself no favours and the "course" may be free but he is selling books off the back of it - as you well know - so it is a profit making venture you linked to.

You didn't respond to the bit about wanting to join discussion.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

peter123

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 08:09:39 PM »
Most certainly yes, but I saw a lot of links in the book part of the forum linking to Amazon, and you do not need to buy the book in order to get use of the course.

Regarding joining the discussion, I certainly hope so, as I am only diving into meditation and want to learn as much as I can. But before I post, I better read some more posts in order to get an understanding of what is allowed and what is not :)

Matthew

• Staff
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 09:19:11 PM »
Most certainly yes, but I saw a lot of links in the book part of the forum linking to Amazon, and you do not need to buy the book in order to get use of the course.

The links to Amazon are links to books by respected teachers. But anyway they will all be going soon and replaced by link to another place to buy such books - since Amazon decided to remove wikileaks from it's servers under political pressure it is no longer a company I will do business with. I have deleted my personal account.

Regarding joining the discussion, I certainly hope so, as I am only diving into meditation and want to learn as much as I can. But before I post, I better read some more posts in order to get an understanding of what is allowed and what is not :)

More important is to read the terms of service and user agreement (in the first board).

Basically the rules are: No spam, be nice to others, don't break the law and we can boot out anyone who doesn't live up to such standards.

You signed these TOS when registering. They state:

VIPASSANAFORUM.NET TERMS OF SERVICE AND USER AGREEMENT.

2) You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

12) The forum owners and/or their agents may delete, ban or bar any user from using these forums at any time and without prior notice or reason.

Reading these forums you will find a wealth of practical advice on how to meditate. You have to actually do it though or all the reading is pointless.