Author Topic: What to do in this world until we transcend it?  (Read 2095 times)

dobe

What to do in this world until we transcend it?
« on: November 28, 2010, 05:21:31 AM »
My meditative/contemplative lifestyle seems to be building momentum.  Right now I am going to be a second year junior in a Business Bachelors program.  One part of me just wants to drop out of society and focus entirely on realizing my Self, and another part of me thinks that is not necessary (at least not yet).  I wonder what aspect of business would be most suitable to a contemplative lifestyle.  Right now I'm in Accounting and its waaaay to leftbrain/content focused, so I'll be switching over to general business or something on Monday so I can put my growing intuitive/creative capacities to work and maybe even benefit the world...

Maybe I should just be a truck driver or something... Im pretty sure its irrelevant what I "do," and I should just follow my interests...?  I'm interested in transcending my ego, Truth, and spirituality in general... But I'm pretty much done with learning "about" the truth, the idea of getting a degree in theology or philosophy wont really help me...

Maybe I just need to finish up my business degree, get a job, and forget about it.  Surrender and see were life takes me...

any ideas would be appreciated

Morning Dew

Re: What to do in this world until we transcend it?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:01:38 AM »
Always seek the middle path my friend :)

It is not about doing this or that but the forces behind your actions to do this or that. Be aware of this.

ivana

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 10:34:29 AM »
Hi
I agree with a middle way. Dont give up school and take a time for you during summer to enjoy go out of society.
Take care
Ivana

rideforever

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »
You are in a beautiful position, poised on the inside and outside.  Be jubilant in it.

If you can remain the witness at all times, in your practice and at work, you become existence ... answering questions in the seminar (be the witness), asking girls out (be the witness), sitting on the bus (be the witnesss) ...

When you are ready, your intuition will guide you ... be guided on the inside and out.

maybeiam

• Nature is a beautiful peace to be
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
M or F ?
If m:
There are more woman than men in this world.
If your focus dont limit in one you have allot to do.

If f:
Dont worry, be happy and dont be selfish.
Bless you

dobe

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 12:36:48 PM »
M or F ?
If m:
There are more woman than men in this world.
If your focus dont limit in one you have allot to do.

If f:
Dont worry, be happy and dont be selfish.

lol no idea what this means lol 

But thanks for the replies everyone.  The middle way indeed

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Getting nowhere slowly and enjoying every moment.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
Whatever you do, do it with wisdom, compassion, equanimity, peace and love.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~