Author Topic: Vip Goenka Style  (Read 2031 times)

maybeiam

• Nature is a beautiful peace to be
Vip Goenka Style
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:56:20 AM »
Hi there,
When I did my first 10 day Vip Goenka Retreat in May 2010, I went trough allot of stages,
I dont feel like writing the whole story, I'm not in the mood, but i would like to ask something to some people what do they think of this:

You reach during the meditation your body as a whole floating in the air, after passing the wall of pain you reach what we perceive as a concept of freedom, a way to go , no pain wow, feel light , ok.
Than next stage, penetrating , ok here is what i want to ask you to who are familiar with the technique and the stage.

Do you heal your organs muscles , spin , do you witness all of yourself inside?
Because I learned this with the technique, but, but , but, really heals? did i really made improvements in my spin sankaras, etc, ego or awareness? in my first 10 day retreat i went trough allot of happiness to my ego  at least more than the 2nd, thats why i missed a 3rd already , no joke , it was starting to get more and more serious aha
 the penetration part is what i still dont get it, why i penetrate myself ears  , eyes, like wholes , can't understand it well
I've been also away from meditation lately, so I must confess to the preach, maybe you there reading it.

I still find interesting to keep experience different things, usually things that opens up on the way
Bless you

Vivek

• Staff
    • Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
Re: Vip Goenka Style
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:35:30 AM »
Your question is unclear, but, I guess, you have difficulty with penetration during Vipassana? Penetrating into the body is recommended only after one is able to get sensations at every part at the surface level. If you still get blind, hazy or blank areas, it's better to continue with surface level awareness for now and set penetrating aside for a while. May be you can do Anapana for a while to ensure that your awareness is sharp enough and also that there is calmness, during Vipassana.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:43:26 AM by Vivek »
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?

maybeiam

• Nature is a beautiful peace to be
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »
penetrating is easy it goes naturally after reaching the stage of being total aware of my body.
My question and my wounders are like:
, since when this is not more imagination than exercise itself
Bless you

Vivek

• Staff
    • Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:33:07 AM »
Penetrating by itself does not, and should not, involve imagination, unless the Vipassi consciously tries to imagine the internal organs and body parts. The Vipassi's task is merely to check for, and observe the sensations as he slowly enters the body with his awareness.
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?