Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New members - introduce yourselves here.  (Read 112221 times)

Vivek

• Staff
    • Advaita & U Ba Khin's tradition
Re: New members - introduce yourselves here.
« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2017, 05:41:48 PM »
Hello, Deeps and Chonghe. Welcome.
Let's go beyond this illusion, shall we?

bejdavies

• bonj
  • Disciple of world liberation!
    • Rinzai Zen
« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2017, 05:06:18 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new here. I want to learn about how spirituality and mindfulness is related to diet and biochemistry. I hope I find some interesting discussions!

bejdavies

Vivek

• Staff
« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »
Welcome, bejdavies

Harry

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana
    • Love life - enjoy every moment
« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2017, 05:55:41 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am from England and I was drawn to Vipassana meditation after going through some difficult times several years ago. Life can have a strange way of taking you to exactly where you need to be - the right place, right time and perfect circumstances led me down this beautiful path and I haven't looked back. I am a completely different person and hope to spread some of the joy that I am lucky enough to be blessed with.

Life is full of challenges and I believe that through meditation we can really establish ourselves and develop strong roots. With this grounding it is much easier to face these challenges that life throws at us.

The journey has been interesting and recently my partner and I established an online blog and mindfulness shop - ...

Mod edit: shop details removed.

... and whilst I do not want to push any commercial venture in this forum, our shop ...

Mod edit: details removed.

So Hello everyone! It is lovely to be a part of this forum and I look forward to learning from all of the wonderful people that make up this community. I hope (fingers crossed) that I might be able to contribute and help others also.

Love and Happiness
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:10:31 AM by Matthew »

Matthew

• The Irreverent Buddhist
  • Staff Admin
  • Meditation: It's a D.I.Y. project.
    • KISS: Keep it simple stupid.
    • Here and now forever.
« Reply #579 on: January 19, 2017, 07:27:11 AM »
Harry,

I have taken the following actions:

1. Deleted references to your shop from the above post and your forum signature.

2. Changed your "display name" on the forum which was the URL of your shop to your name, Harry.

You will still log on with your username as you registered. You state you "do not want to push any commercial venture in this forum" yet the things I have changed were doing exactly that. We do not allow commercial activity on this forum at all. This is perfectly clear in the user agreement and terms of service you signed up to on joining.

Don't push your commercial venture please. There is a level of self deception in the way you have behaved here.

It is good you have discovered meditation and that it has impacted your life so strongly. Yet to join a forum that is very plain in not allowing commercial promotion, to state you don't want to do that, yet to go ahead and do so anyway shows you have much to learn.

Your participation as a member of this community - on the same terms as everyone else - is welcome. You are welcome here. Commercial promotion is not.

Kind regards,

Matthew
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Slfdevelopment

• 30 years of meditation!
    • meditation, mindfullness, self developening, regressions
« Reply #580 on: March 22, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Hi  im 35 year old man from Norway!

My meditation Journey started already in kindergarden. So well over 30- 32 years of experience.  I had alot of long dreams about 5 persons life, that i remembered when i woke up.  I somehow identifyed myself With the persons from the dream. And without knowing what past lifes, selfregression or meditation was. I woke up in the mornings and closed my eyes and went deep within my mind for digging for more information and memmories.  This became a daily habbit. This was a scarry periode of my life becouse i didnt have any conversations With anyone about this.
But i grow older and in the beginning of primary School i started to seach for information in books about meditations and past life. I remembered the first time i read about self regression meditations. I was shocked when i understod that i knew most of it already. I also got naturly lucid dreams at that time. But i started altso to read and practising lucid dreaming. This altso brought me  abit later to mindfullness, chakra meditations etc and mental training. When youtube came the first Word i seached for was meditation. And i started to daily watch and listen to guided meditations of different guidens. I still kept all this for my self. I didnt tell anyone about my jouney before i got alot older. I started to read about Buddism etc too. Finding inspiration in all genres. I have experienced alot of weird Things in life With senses etc too. I must say that i have never tutched any form of druggs on my path. Witch i often hear People use as a tool to enlightment.  well.. peace

abrecan

• Who are you?
    • Zen, Nonduality, Zazen, New Age
« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »
Hello all, I've been meditating for the past 7 years now, having done Zazen, yoga, and just sitting, and having been fortunate to meet some present people who have done retreats. I am about to do my first Vipassana 10 day retreat in a few days.

Vivek

• Staff
« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »
Welcome to all the new members. Please ensure you read the forum rules thoroughly.

Ben-meijer

• Who are you?
    • Vipassana - goenkha
« Reply #583 on: March 26, 2017, 07:05:48 PM »
Dear all,

My name is Ben Meijer, I'm a therapist in the Netherlands. I spent my life on personal development, helping others and myself, dealing with misery every day. I'm experienced with EFT, TAT, etc.

I recently did my third vipassana. All three did a lot, and now I want to integrate, understand and share. I'm in the proces of creating videos about 1) my experience, 2) tips 3) what you can expect if you take a 10 day course. 4) who I am to comment on the proces. 5) bigger picture...

I come here to read and learn, maybe add my reflections.

Kind Regards
Ben

Matthew

• Staff Admin
    • Here and now forever.
« Reply #584 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »
Welcome Ben.
~oOo~     Tat Tvam Asi     ~oOo~    How will you make the world a better place today?     ~oOo~    Fabricate Nothing     ~oOo~

Vishal

• Who are you?
    • Sayagi Ubakhin & S. N. Goenka Tradition
« Reply #585 on: April 04, 2017, 11:50:07 PM »
Hi Friends,

I am a fellow meditator and a seeker, my name is Vishal from India and am living in New Zealand now. I have been doing Vipassana meditation from last 6 years in the tradition of S N Goenka ji and Sayaji Uba khin of Myanmar. I am very fortunate to come across the teachings of the Buddha and bring it in life at the experiential level.  Since the childhood I was keen about the Buddha and his life but it was Goenkaji who introduced me and many others in India to Buddha's real teachings.

I am full of gratitude towards all the masters, monks and the Sangha to keep the true teachings and practice of the path in its actual form. I read a lot from accesstoinsight and have Facebook page where I try and spread message of Buddha.

I am looking forward to read good information and add value in any way possible in this forum.

Thanks to the administration to let me join your group.

May you all be happy, peaceful and liberated...

Many Thanks

Vishal
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:10:39 AM by Vishal »

ZenBeliever2

• Who are you?
    • Zen Meditation
« Reply #586 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:34 AM »
Hello :)

I'm glad to be here. I'm interested in such topics as relaxation and meditation (and all topic related to it).

I hope that I can get a chance to become an energetic member of this forum community (share my opinions, get to know yours, et cetera).

Best wishes to you all :)

Matthew

• Staff Admin
    • Here and now forever.
« Reply #587 on: May 05, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum guys. Just snuck in before we closed to new members for a while. Look forward to your contributions :)