VIPASSANAFORUM.NET TERMS OF SERVICE AND USER AGREEMENT.
1) This forum is not associated with the Vipassana international Organisation of S.N. Goenka. There are many forms of Vipassana practice. Often new Goenka students do not seem to know this. Some of our members are Goenka practitioners - most are not.
2) You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum. You also agree to not to resort to any sort of plagiarism (the verbatim copying or imitation of the language, ideas, or thoughts of another author and representing them as one’s own original work) by posting any material in the forum, either partially or fully.
3) Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we are not responsible for the content contained within posted messages. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner.
4) Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove or modify ANY content, at ANY time, if they determine that removal or modification is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
5) You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
6) By posting in this forum, which is intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant the forum owners a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish, modify, and distribute any such content on the forum. The forum owners furthermore reserve the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in their sole discretion.
You have a limited time (1 hour) in which to edit any information you post.
If you wish to have information in a post changed or removed after this time you can make such a request to forum administrators and moderators. Please note it is our policy NOT to remove such messages except as detailed above.
6) You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
7) After you register and log in to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
8/ Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
9) Note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
10) Deletion of accounts. You may decide to leave this forum. Your account will not automatically be deleted, but will be deleted by the forum management after a grace period. This is in case you change your mind.
Please note that your posts and threads will not be deleted, even if your account is deleted. However all personal information in your public profile will no longer be accessible for public view and your posts will not be linked to any personal information you provided other than the username you chose upon registration.
11) You recognize that by registering on this forum the information you submit in registration, in your profile and in your posts will be stored in a database.
12) The forum owners and/or their agents may delete, ban or bar any user from using these forums at any time and without prior notice or reason.
13) You agree, through your use of this forum, to not to resort to any self-promotion (posting the link to your websites, blogs etc) either in your profile or in the forum. If you feel that a particular content from your website/blog is relevant to a discussion in any thread, you may post that content only, NOT the link to your website. If there is any other particular need to post any links, please reach out to the forum staff first to clarify the reason and get their permission to do so. Please note that the forum staff reserves the right to accept or deny such requests.
14) You agree, through your use of this forum, to not to post any links to any Social Networking websites and also, any website(s) which offer/advertise any product(s) and/or service(s), either for a price or free of charge.
15) ABSOLUTELY NO TROLLING IN THE FORUM. The forum staff will not tolerate any troll behavior in any manner. For details on what a troll is and what constitutes troll behavior, please refer: http://www.vipassanaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2083.msg24926#msg24926